This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --with-libs busted?
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Daniel Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:06:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: --with-libs busted?
- References: <4005FF1F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Daniel Kegel wrote:
directories inside the sys-root. Since the libraries in the sys-root
are split between /lib and /usr/lib, I tried using the multiple
directories feature of --with-libs.
I didn't even realize --with-libs had some support for handling multiple
directories. It seems pretty pointless to me, since it copies them all
to the same place. You may as well combine the directories before
running configure, to make sure the result is safe. If you want
multiple directories handled correctly, you must with --with-sysroot.
The configure error is probably a quoting problem when passing arguments
to subdirectories. This isn't going to work unless we quote arguments
to the --with-libs option.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com