This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.5 integration branch proposal
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, Scott Robert Ladd <coyote at coyotegulch dot com>, Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr dot net>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Marc Espie <espie at quatramaran dot ens dot fr>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:58:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.5 integration branch proposal
On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 02:06 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
Actually, it just requires the addition of the option of CFLAGS, which
is fine, since it's a do-nothing should distcc choose to run locally.
I really, really like it.
Well, you won't after you try them out. Scaling is in the 6 (12 CPUs)
machine range. :-( Turns out the preprocessing is very expensive.
Could be PCH validation time... Anyway, if you want better scaling,
you'll need to track it down some.
If you want to see all my distcc patches, let me know... I can email
them, there are a few other random things...