This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.4 regressions: are 2.95 regressions still actual
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 Jan 2004 21:21:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: 3.4 regressions: are 2.95 regressions still actual
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <240f01c3d7d9$246093d0$34b82997@bagio>
On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 16:23, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> There have been some discussion about regressions from 2.95. Are they still
> actual? That is, do we consider regressions bugs that were not present in 2.95,
> but have been there for every 3.x release?
Yes, such a thing is clearly a regression.
A bug does not stop being a regression simply because we don't fix it
for a long time.
Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org>