This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap time jumps on sparc-sun-solaris2.8
- From: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:42:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap time jumps on sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Bootstrap time jumped slightly for AIX with the recent configure
changes, but I suspect the main cause is the ksh change, which can make
configure run much more slowly. On AIX, I always use bash because ksh
too slow to be practical due to it's use of temporary files.
Thanks for the information. The installation docs recommend ksh
instead of /bin/sh for solaris bootstrap; perhaps bash is OK, too.