This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RTL templates names
- From: Alexandre Courbot <Alexandre dot Courbot at lifl dot fr>
- To: "Petar Penchev" <ptr at sd-bul dot bg>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:23:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: RTL templates names
- References: <00d501c37d0a$1a67a190$7303230a@PTR>
> I started porting GCC. I have a quiestion about RTL templates and their
> "GCC Internals" says that insn list is matched against templated names , my
> question is how the compiler
> matches instructions in the instruction list with custom insns defined by
> 'define_insn' macro ?
Template names are only used to generate insns. GCC needs to know how to
generate a mov insn for instance, that's why it is referring to the name for
this pass. Matching is done against the RTL templates only. All templates in
define_insns are candidates for matching, but only templates with names known
by the compiler can be used for RTL generation.