This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Advice requested: how big can we be?
- From: "S. Bosscher" <S dot Bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- To: 'Andrew Haley ' <aph at redhat dot com>,'Daniel Jacobowitz ' <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org '" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:52:27 +0200
- Subject: RE: Advice requested: how big can we be?
> It's all reasonably necessary. We compile a ton of source files in
> one go, which means that we only open each one once. However, this
> does of course mean that we keep a lot of trees in memory. We might
> be able to prune these trees, but it would not make a vast difference.
Heck, no wonder it's so big.
Can't you provide an option to just build a file at a time?