Re: [unit-at-a-time] Java inlining woes

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Andrew Haley wrote:
>  > I may still abandon this for 3.4 and wait for tree-ssa, where it is
>  > far simpler.  Functions are lowered to GIMPLE before they are
>  > inlined or even analyzed by cgraphunit, so on tree-ssa making
>  > unit-at-a-time work for any frontend should be good enough for all.
>
> That's exactly my plan.

I discovered a workaround for my problem, and finished working on it.

My latest patch would improve java inlining for 3.4 along with fixing
some important bugs.  If it gets checked in, unit-at-a-time will show up
on tree-ssa anyway as a side effect of the next merge.

Hopefully someone finds it useful since it was a considerable debugging
effort.  (I sure won't miss the old tree inliner when it's gone.)

Jeff