Re: [using gcc book] ch3.8 options to request or suppress warnings

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Jim Wilson wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 09:14, Chris Devers wrote:
> > but all
> > discussion about these terms & concepts now says 'enumerated'.
>
> Hopefully some of them were changed to enumeration as I asked.

I think so, but feel free to correct me -- and *fast*, if you please:

    % grep -i 'enumer' *texi | egrep -v '(@en(umerate|d)|ENUMERAL_TYPE)'
    c-tree.texi:C++, enumerations are @emph{not} integral types.
    c-tree.texi:is not used for enumeration types, nor for the @code{bool} type.
    c-tree.texi:Used to represent an enumeration type.  The @code{TYPE_PRECISION} gives
    c-tree.texi:there are no negative enumeration constants, @code{TREE_UNSIGNED} will
    c-tree.texi:hold.  The minimum and maximum enumeration constants may be obtained
    c-tree.texi:The actual enumeration constants themselves may be obtained by looking
    c-tree.texi:constants will be the type of enumeration type itself.
    c-tree.texi:the @code{CONST_DECL} for an enumeration constant will appear on this
    c-tree.texi:list, if the enumeration type was declared in the class.  Of course,
    c-tree.texi:the @code{TYPE_DECL} for the enumeration type will appear here as well.
    c-tree.texi:These nodes are used to represent enumeration constants.  The value of
    c-tree.texi:constructs.  These are enumerated here, together with a list of the
    compat.texi:the specifications enumerated by that ABI@.  A library conforms to an ABI
    cppinternals.texi:This variable therefore uniquely enumerates each line in the translation
    extend.texi:* Structures unions enumerations and bit-fields implementation::
    extend.texi:@node Structures unions enumerations and bit-fields implementation
    extend.texi:@section Structures, unions, enumerations, and bit-fields
    extend.texi:@cite{The integer type compatible with each enumerated type (6.7.2.2).}
    extend.texi:the value of an enumeration constant, the width of a bit-field, or
    extend.texi:and enumerated types.
    extend.texi:or enumerated type is not defined in the specifier in which the
    extend.texi:to relate to the structure, union or enumerated type defined, not to any
    invoke.texi:enumerated type to a signed type, over a conversion to an unsigned type
    invoke.texi:Warn whenever a @code{switch} statement has an index of enumerated type
    invoke.texi:enumeration.  The presence of a @code{default} label prevents this
    invoke.texi:warning.  @code{case} labels outside the enumeration range also
    invoke.texi:Warn whenever a @code{switch} statement has an index of enumerated type
    invoke.texi:enumeration.  @code{case} labels outside the enumeration range also
    md.texi:An enumerated class is defined for @samp{attr_@var{name}} with
    rtl.texi:is also (in upper case) a C enumeration constant.  The possible
    rtl.texi:enumeration type, @code{enum machine_mode}, defined in
    rtl.texi:are divided into mode classes.  These are represented by the enumeration sourcebuild.texi:enumerated in the manual.
    tm.texi:A string-valued C expression which enumerates the options for which
    tm.texi:dash), one of the enumeration codes @code{ADD} or @code{DELETE} to
    tm.texi:An enumerated type that must be defined with all the register class names
    tm.texi:as enumerated values.  @code{NO_REGS} must be first.  @code{ALL_REGS}
    tm.texi:must be the last register class, followed by one more enumerated value,
    tm.texi:The file @file{typeclass.h} defines an enumeration that you can use to
    tm.texi:expressed using the enumeration values such as @code{GENERAL_REGS}.  A
    tm.texi:output an enumeration type.  The definition should be a C statement
    tm.texi:union, or enumeration tags to be emitted.  Standard COFF does not
    tm.texi:enumeration tags that have not yet been seen to be handled.  Some
    trouble.texi:the enumeration-valued object is inside a structure, and in that case

The book went to the editor about 45 minutes ago, but if any of these
lines look wrong, there's probably still time to correct them.

If you see an error, please let me know which line above is incorrect.

Thanks.

--
Chris Devers      cdevers@pobox.com
http://devers.homeip.net:8080/blog/

wheel, n.
A device with so many conflicting applications that each user must
reinvent it to preserve sanity. See also NIH; REUSABILITY.

    -- from _The Computer Contradictionary_, Stan Kelly-Bootle, 1995