This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Naive suggestion about multilibs
- From: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:36:07 -0500
- Subject: Naive suggestion about multilibs
There are many, many multilib parallel build problems on
sparc-sun-solaris2.8, even with "make -j 2", and with serial make it
takes 7 hours to build gcc on my solaris boxes.
These libraries are eventually installed in separate directories; could
they not be built in separate directories? Wouldn't this solve the
problem of trying to link against two different versions of the
library, or trying to link an ELF64 binary into an ELF32 library, etc.?