Re: gcc-3.3.1.tar.bz2 file on ftp://gcc.gnu.org/ tainted?

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Peter Niemayer wrote:
> I hope the reason is less dramatic than what was just reported by the
> german computer magazine Heise about another GNU ftp server (gnuftp.gnu.org) -
> they write that gnuftp.gnu.org has been hacked and somebody got root-access
> since march...:

Definitely by far less dramatic: md5.sums on gcc.gnu.org are generated by
a cron job, and the script basically would mishandle files currently being
uploaded with scp -p.

I tracked this down and Jason Molenda already updated the script, so it
should never ever happen again.

Gerald