This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: On inlining in C++ with unit-at-a-time code


Jan Hubicka wrote:
So please if you complain about the inlining decisions, can you, please
try -O2 -funit-at-a-time --param max-insns-inline-single=500 --param
max-insns-inline-auto=150 and send me a testcases in case it won't do
what do you want? (if it inlines way too much, please try to lower the
inline-single limit to 150 again, I didn't do much testing with
inline-single limit set so high)

Am I correct that -funit-at-a-time and --param max-insns-inline-* came came into existence with the advent of 3.4?


While I follow this list closely, are there any other "new" optimization options I should be considering when testing 3.4?


-- Scott Robert Ladd Coyote Gulch Productions (http://www.coyotegulch.com) Software Invention for High-Performance Computing


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]