This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: aph at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Date: 04 Aug 2003 19:27:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <20030804172337.4C067F2D85@nile.gnat.com>
email@example.com (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > C++ is not Ada and Ada is not C++.
| > If you want to argue about C++ inline, please do consider C++
| > semantics, practice.
| My comment was on C++ practice as I see it in the real world.
But you did not answer the question "More convenient way of doing what?"
Inline as I have described is close to what has been documented for
two decades in official C++ manuals.