Re: [tree-ssa] AST optimizer in C++?

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:18:31AM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> I've yet to deal with the issue of a Tree class (either by conversion,
> or abstraction).

Keeping the original tree structure as it is avoids to retranslate the
representation back to trees once we're finished.  So I'm for abstraction.
I think that we should avoid is to deal with tree structure directly, and
build an interface that will abstract existent structures (maybe tree
structures will change).

> Though if you guys want to play with a C++ based AST optimizer, i'll
> throw it on a branch or something

That's an excellent idea.  What about including it in the tree-ssa branch?