Re: [tree-ssa] AST optimizer in C++?

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 04:17  AM, Pop Sébastian wrote:

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:18:31AM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
I've yet to deal with the issue of a Tree class (either by conversion,
or abstraction).
Keeping the original tree structure as it is avoids to retranslate the
representation back to trees once we're finished.
But then we have the fun cache behavior problems.
We also run into serialization problems (remember, this is supposed to be interprocedural) more with the C structure than a bunch of C++ classes (where we can just use some virtual functions to handle it easily per class).

So I'm for abstraction.
I think that we should avoid is to deal with tree structure directly, and
build an interface that will abstract existent structures (maybe tree
structures will change).

Though if you guys want to play with a C++ based AST optimizer, i'll
throw it on a branch or something
That's an excellent idea. What about including it in the tree-ssa branch?

Too hackish right now.

It's not really properly integrated into the bootstrap. It simply *assumes* that you have G++ with libstdc++ installed.