This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: trouble building gcc-3.2 --target=m68k-linux from scratch
- From: Peter Barada <pbarada at mail dot wm dot sps dot mot dot com>
- To: dank at kegel dot com
- Cc: Peter dot Barada at Motorola dot com, crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Peter dot Barada at Motorola dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:53:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: trouble building gcc-3.2 --target=m68k-linux from scratch
- References: <200208191724.g7JHOoS19048@hyper.wm.sps.mot.com> <3D61C2B4.39C3ACD3@kegel.com>
>> Since a stock linux source doesn't have pthread.h in its headers, and
>> glibc hasn't been built yet, there's no pthread.h that can be used at
>> this time.
>I ran into something like this on ppc on gcc-3.0.4; the fix was
>to do a glibc "make install-headers" before building gcc, I think. See
Just adding --disable-threads to the configure line allowed the
bootstrap compiler to build. Why create more interdependencies?
Peter Barada Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard 781-852-2768 (direct)
WaveMark Solutions(wholly owned by Motorola) 781-270-0193 (fax)