This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: trouble building gcc-3.2 --target=m68k-linux from scratch
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: Peter Barada <pbarada at mail dot wm dot sps dot mot dot com>
- Cc: crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Peter dot Barada at Motorola dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:16:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: trouble building gcc-3.2 --target=m68k-linux from scratch
- References: <200208191724.g7JHOoS19048@hyper.wm.sps.mot.com>
- Reply-to: dank at kegel dot com
Peter Barada wrote:
> I'm attempting to build a m68k-linux compiler from scratch using stock
> versions of:
> building with bill Gatliff's script to config the kernel, copy over
> the hears, config/binud binutils, config/build gcc-bootstrap...
> And it fails building gcc/unwind-dw2.c:
> Since a stock linux source doesn't have pthread.h in its headers, and
> glibc hasn't been built yet, there's no pthread.h that can be used at
> this time.
I ran into something like this on ppc on gcc-3.0.4; the fix was
to do a glibc "make install-headers" before building gcc, I think. See