Re: copying gcc binaries

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 03:39:52PM -0500, Bob Boz wrote:
> To use gcc on a machine where gcc is not installed, I have to tar the whole
> directory structure and ftp it over (mounting the directory is not an
> option). This by itself does not work since a lot of the variables set at
> configure time are still pointing to the old directories (trying
> "gcc -print-search-dirs" for example will show some of them). I have tried
> playing around with GCC_EXEC_PREFIX and such but I have not gotten anywhere.
> Does a better solution exist? if not, could anyone help with setting up gcc
> once I have copied (ftped) everything over?
>
> Thanks,
>  Bob

When I've needed to copy an installation to a new location I've used it
via a script like this:

#! /bin/sh

INST=/builds/gcc_3_0_4_release/ia64/install
TARGET=ia64-unknown-linux

${INST}/bin/gcc \
  -B ${INST}/bin \
  -B ${INST}/${TARGET}/bin \
  -isystem ${INST}/${TARGET}/include \
  -isystem ${INST}/${TARGET}/sys-include \
  $*

Hope this helps.

Janis