Re: GCC to open the C++ demangle API?

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:33:51PM +0000, John Levon wrote:
> Also check out Carlo Woods' implementation: http://libcw.sf.net/

>From the mails I received in the past, it seems that my
implementation is the best existing demangler so far.
I've been contacted (in particular by Jason Merrill)
with the request to donate my implementation for libiberty
and libsupc++.

In the past I've been contacted by Daniel Berlin who was the
C++ support maintainer for gdb and he ported the implementation
to C for use in gdb - unfortunately he lost the harddisk
where this was stored.

I am more then willing to donate my implementation
(320 man hours of work) to the open source community (and FSF),
but I need a little help with two things:
1) Someone spelling out what I need to download/print and sign
   and what license files and headers I need to add: I am a
   zero when it comes to legal stuff and not motivated to
   dive into that I must say.
2) The exact API description that people want me to implement.

I think that Jason will help me with that when he comes back
from Greece in a week.

In the meantime it might still be nice to hear from other
people about what they expect of such an API.

Jason wrote me:

> All you would need to do would be to add the __cxa_demangle and
> cplus_demangle_v3 entry points.

That doesn't tell me much.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>