Re: GCC to open the C++ demangle API?

At 04:39 PM 4/03/2002 +0000, John Levon wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 04:25:49PM +0000, Andrew Marlow wrote:
>
> > Indeed. That's what I meant when I said that the API has not been opened.
> > I have received other email that says 'just use libiberty'. However I do
> > not want to use an API that has not been opened. On other platforms it has
> > been opened by its own dedicated library and header in /usr/lib and
> > /usr/include respectively. Could this be done with GCC/G++ ?
>
>I would love to see a little library spun out that is /just/ for
>demangling.
>
>but it's not worth talking about unless someone who has the time to
>maintain it actually does so - and that's not me.

I wanted this as well, to enable some software we develop to display the
call-stack at any given point (usually during failure, but also for
tracking memory allocation). While libiberty allowed the decoding, being
GPL and not LGPL meant we couldn't use it. I'm not complaining about the
license or trying to start a flame-war here, but there are some situations
where it's not feasible to use libiberty.

  - Andrew