Re: SPEC 2004 submission and GCC project

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Laurent Guerby wrote:

> It might be interesting for the GCC project to submit an up to date
> GCC to SPEC and try to get a SPEC license and the money, is the license
> offer
> new this time? GCC is already in SPEC, who did submit it? At a first glance
> I find nothing about 176.gcc in:
>
> <http://www.spec.org/osg/cpu2000/docs/credits.txt>

The licence offer is not new.  It was already present in 1997.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=33946D9A.2221%40interpath.com

I previously asked on this list, without an answer, whether it already
applied when part of GCC was put in SPEC, and if so who has the licence.
Can someone determine whether having an up to date GCC in SPEC would mean
that "all GCC developers" have the licence, and if not then who would?

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg01313.html

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk