Re: Access to spec2000

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Rayson Ho wrote:

> Many people do not have access to spec2000 source code, since it is not
> available on the web.
>
> GPL allows source code to be re-distributed, since spec2000 has code
> that is GPL (e.g. gcc, gzip, mesa, perl, etc...), are we allowed to
> upload the GPL source to a public ftp site??

Here is a related question:

At one point SPEC were offering free licenses to contributors of code
selected as SPEC benchmarks
<URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=33946D9A.2221%40interpath.com>.
Did this apply when part of GCC was put in SPEC?  If so, shouldn't all GCC
developers have such a license (even if not to the latest version of
SPEC)?  If it did, but all GCC developers don't have such a license, who
does have the free license?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk