This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: VB
- From: Florian Weimer <Florian dot Weimer at RUS dot Uni-Stuttgart dot DE>
- Date: 31 Jan 2001 13:39:26 +0100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010130172009.7A8D634D80@nile.gnat.com>
> Assuming there are no IPR issues (with VB, that is not obvious), then
> there will be a front end if someone (e.g. you :-) develops one.
Microsoft has patented a method to quote alomost arbitrary character
sequences so that they can be used as an identifier (IIRC the ''
syntax in VB). Any VB implementation will probably have to infringe
several OLE patents as well.