This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Projects for beginners
- To: zackw at stanford dot edu
- Subject: Re: Projects for beginners
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 01 07:17:16 EST
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
There are two things in here that I'm not sure are such good ideas:
Add multiple include guards to all header files.
I think this encourages sloppy use of header files. I'd much prefer to
have some standard ordering of header files that we adopt.
Get as much out of the x-host and xm-host.h files into
autoconf tests, system.h, etc., as possible.
- I would give even odds that it can all go.
This is tricky. Remember that they are also used for building the library
and in the cross-compiler case you can't get them from autoconf.