This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need graph coloring code
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: Need graph coloring code
- From: Igor Markov <imarkov at umich dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:34:24 -0500
- CC: Michael Meissner <meissner at cygnus dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: U. of Michigan, EECS
- References: <200101230227.VAA38524@mal-ach.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
> I personally have been trying to get IBM to release the graph
> coloring patent for use in GCC for many years.
Daniel Berlin wrote:
> IBM's patent actually runs out in 2003 anyway.
I would not be surprized if IBM decides to open that patent up
(or to license it to FSF, royalty-free), say, one year before
it runs out -- just to get publicity and honk, once again,
about their "committment to support open-source software" :) :)
Igor Markov (734) 936-7829 EECS 2211