This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this supposed to work, or am I loopy?
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: Is this supposed to work, or am I loopy?
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 02:42:18 +0100 (CET)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
> Linux should perhaps be an exception, since the documentation for ld
> on Linux states that -Rdir is specifically supported for compatibility
> with sparcs. Right now it really looks like one hand has no idea what
> the other is doing. :-)
s#Linux#GNU/Linux# especially as here we are really taking about the
toolchain and not the kernel.
s#sparcs#Solaris# as this is related to the operating system (which
also runs on non-SPARC hardware), not the CPU.
(I've noticed these issues also before, this is not specific to your
message... ;) )
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/