This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Branching for GCC 3.0
- To: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Branching for GCC 3.0
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 07 Jan 2001 17:27:43 -0800
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200101072244.f07Mihb13990@polya.math.purdue.edu>
Brad Lucier <email@example.com> writes:
> Considering how many years Sun's 64-bit Ultrasparc implementation has been
> out without proper support from gcc, this may be considered an embarrassment.
> But maybe it is Sun that should be embarrassed; I can't imagine why they
> haven't thrown even a little bit of money at gcc development to get this
> situation fixed.
To be fair, they did; I believe that's one of the reasons there is a
subreg-byte branch at all.
I guess the important thing is that if we release GCC 3.0 without the
subreg-byte stuff, then it gets integrated right afterwards, so that
at least it'll be in GCC 3.1.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>