This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this supposed to work, or am I loopy?
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com, jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com
- Subject: Re: Is this supposed to work, or am I loopy?
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:32:00 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, nickc at redhat dot com, pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com
<<In most respects, Linux closely copied the Solaris (or SVR4) shared library
implementation. Almost all of the other features are exactly the same.
Those of us who've used Sun machines for years don't see the reason for
Perhaps "those of us who've used Sun machines for years" could refrain
from immediately labeling as a "bug" anything that does not work the
same as on the machine you are use to :-)
Seriously, I think you would get further if you make a well informed
well reasoned argument for a change.