This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this supposed to work, or am I loopy?
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Is this supposed to work, or am I loopy?
- From: Travis Moulton <Travis dot Moulton at motorola dot com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:22:26 GMT
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, nickc at redhat dot com
- References: <20010106033200.561A434D80@nile.gnat.com>
> <<In most respects, Linux closely copied the Solaris (or SVR4)
> shared library implementation. Almost all of the other features are
> exactly the same. Those of us who've used Sun machines for years
> don't see the reason for gratuitous differences. >>
> Perhaps "those of us who've used Sun machines for years" could
> refrain from immediately labeling as a "bug" anything that does not
> work the same as on the machine you are use to :-)
> Seriously, I think you would get further if you make a well informed
> well reasoned argument for a change.
Us young'uns who started out on LINUX realize that we're right and Sun
users are wrong ;-). That aside, gcc is supposed to be platform
independent. I consider anything that contradicts that to be bad. I
know some people on this list don't like the word bug, but... If it
can be fixed without breaking other things left and right, I vote for