This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: genattrab memory usage
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: genattrab memory usage
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:59:40 -0800
- Cc: Laurynas Biveinis <lauras at softhome dot net>, jh at suze dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3A19589B.FCCFB6B3@softhome.net> <20001120112836.B16778@redhat.com>
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 11:28:36AM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:00:11PM +0100, Laurynas Biveinis wrote:
> > ... makes native bootstrap impossible under DJGPP - genattrtab consumes
> > roughly about 85M memory with i386.md, while we can use only 65M for
> > bootstraping.
> This is not due to Jan's patch -- at least not the one you indicated.
Possibly the "insn-attrtab.c on diet version 2" patch would help here?
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-09/msg00277.html - not applied
as of my last CVS pull.