This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: genattrab memory usage
- To: Laurynas Biveinis <lauras at softhome dot net>
- Subject: Re: genattrab memory usage
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:28:36 -0800
- Cc: jh at suze dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3A19589B.FCCFB6B3@softhome.net>
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:00:11PM +0100, Laurynas Biveinis wrote:
> ... makes native bootstrap impossible under DJGPP - genattrtab consumes
> roughly about 85M memory with i386.md, while we can use only 65M for
This is not due to Jan's patch -- at least not the one you indicated.
> Maybe you could suggest how to fix it, e.g. freeing the cache once
> memory allocation starts failing?
The cache contains only one instruction, and, more to the point, is
used >>during compilation<< and not while constructing insn-attrtab.c.