This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: help needed for builing gcc tool-chain



-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lance Taylor [mailto:iant@google.com] 
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:29 AM
To: Prashant Batra (prbatra)
Cc: Jonathan Wakely; gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: help needed for builing gcc tool-chain

"Prashant Batra (prbatra)" <prbatra@cisco.com> writes:

>> Anyhow, you can use the --sysroot option at runtime.
>
> [Prashant] Does that mean I need to create a complete path which gcc
> expects starting from the sysroot with this option.
> [Prashant] <some-path-on-target>/<prefix given while configuring>

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.
[Prashant] If I want to use --sysroot option with gcc on a different
machine then the one on which it was built,
[Prashant] and gcc ecpects the paths "<path-x>/bin/gcc", then I need to
create <path-x> on this machine and put the built
tool chain under <path-x>. So, when gcc tries to find the path, it does
find it.

If, not correct, then can you elaborate on the usage of --sysroot?
Thanks.


Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]