This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: help needed for builing gcc tool-chain



-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lance Taylor [mailto:iant@google.com] 
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 12:38 AM
To: Prashant Batra (prbatra)
Cc: Jonathan Wakely; gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: help needed for builing gcc tool-chain

"Prashant Batra (prbatra)" <prbatra@cisco.com> writes:

>[Prashant] After copying the tool-chain onto a different machine, I am
> seeing the gcc/g++ still looks 
> for the complete sysroot path, which is not present on this machine,
so
> I am not able to use the tool chain.
> How is it possible ? Thanks

It's true that in general the fact that you can relocate a toolchain
across machines only applies to the installation directory.  It does not
apply to the sysroot.  (It may work if the sysroot is inside the
installation directory, I'm not sure).

Anyhow, you can use the --sysroot option at runtime.
[Prashant] Does that mean I need to create a complete path which gcc
expects starting from the sysroot with this option.
[Prashant] <some-path-on-target>/<prefix given while configuring>
Thanks

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]