This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

FW: gcc43ecj question


I am using the eclipse version of the GCJ,

gcj-ecj.? It is based on the mingw32 effoft. In order to ask
public questions, I have directed to this email list from that site.

http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm#consulting


The file I download it from is:

gcc43ecj-20061207.tar


//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I use GCJ to compile a Hello world program,

I notice that it generates a whopping 37 MB file.



-Does this file include some runtime environment stuff?  When I run this program,

does that program execute within it's own runtime environment?



-Is this 37 MB file platform independent, or not?? Will it run on
Linux and Mac as is (It already runs on Windows).



-What exactly is the GCJ putting inside this file?
How is it possible to cut down the size of this file and still
have a running binary program, if that is possible?
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 		 	   		   		 	   		   		 	   		   		 	   		   		 	   		  


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]