This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: std::vector's freestore management
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:11:25AM +0200, Daniel Kostecky wrote:
> In a few days a new feature, called 'tagged_caphint', should be ready.
It's ready at http://www.kotelna.sk/dk/sw/caphint/caphint-020712.tar.gz
caphint-020712: The second alpha release.
* 'tagged_caphint' template introduced
- reduced space overhead due to the new data member introduced
to dk_std::vector (only a tag will consume space in a vector
- caphint instance sharing:
- the same tag can be used for many vector instances
- different tags can point to the same caphint instance
- caphint instances can be shared among vector instantiations
- 'caphint' class hierarchy exploited
- tag-to-caphint tables are indeed static, however a possibility
is given to have a number of separate tables (distinct
- thread-safety issues briefly discussed in the header file
* 'caphint' stuff placed to the 'dk_std' namespace
Daniel Kostecky, dk at kotelna dot sk