This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: std::vector's freestore management
- From: Daniel Kostecky <dk at kotelna dot sk>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:11:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: std::vector's freestore management
- References: <20020408204751.A25230@kotelna.sk> <20020704184317.GA10465@kotol.kotelna.sk> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Daniel Kostecky <dk at kotelna dot sk>
> Wow. This is a cool idea, thanks for posting it. Is it ok if a link to
> this is put in the 23_containers FAQ?
Yes, it's more than ok. I'm pleased, put a link in the FAQ, please.
I'll be happy to help with the text.
In a few days a new feature, called 'tagged_caphint', should be ready.
It will address the following issues:
- space overhead due to the new data member introduced to dk_std::vector
(only a tag will consume space in a vector instance)
- caphint instance sharing (the same tag can be used for many vector
instances, different tags can point to the same caphint instance)
- maybe some thread-safety issues as well (a possibility to have several
tag-to-caphint tables is planned)
Well, I'll drop a line to the list when it will be ready.
Daniel Kostecky, firstname.lastname@example.org