Re: std::vector's freestore management

Hi Benjamin,

> Wow. This is a cool idea, thanks for posting it. Is it ok if a link to
Thank you.
> this is put in the 23_containers FAQ?
Yes, it's more than ok. I'm pleased, put a link in the FAQ, please.
I'll be happy to help with the text.

In a few days a new feature, called 'tagged_caphint', should be ready.
It will address the following issues:

- space overhead due to the new data member introduced to dk_std::vector
  (only a tag will consume space in a vector instance)
- caphint instance sharing (the same tag can be used for many vector
  instances, different tags can point to the same caphint instance)
- maybe some thread-safety issues as well (a possibility to have several
  tag-to-caphint tables is planned)

Well, I'll drop a line to the list when it will be ready.

Regards,

Daniel

--
Daniel Kostecky, dk@kotelna.sk