This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: basic_streambuf / locale::ctype problems
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: jack_reeves at bleading-edge dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:00:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: basic_streambuf / locale::ctype problems
- Organization: Red Hat / San Francisco
- References: <F151bgIK78ULGKv96el000018ff@hotmail.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: bkoz at redhat dot com
> typedef typename traits_type::int_type int_type;
> Where is the problem?
The problem is that the io code assumes int_type is indeed an integer
type, and does explicit casting to things like streamsize. This is not
correct, as a quick perusal of char_traits indicates.
I think Jack Reeves is correct on this point, and have modified the
appropriate code in question as per his patch.