Re: Multiple file compilation patch

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 05:02:11PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:

> I updated my tree on powerpc (3.0 branch) and I can now compile the whole
> kjc/antlr/gnu.getopt package. Running it gives:
> [...]
> But trying to compile a simple Hello World program gives:
> [...]
> I am not sure how to debug this. Has someone gotten kjc to work with gcj
> on non-powerpc? I want to try it on i586 but I have to rebuild my tree
> (trunk) first on that machine.

I am still rebuilding my tree on i586 but although the kjc binary failed
the "Hello World" test is seems that it can compile some java classes.
I ran jacks with it and it gave to following results:

gkjc:   Total   1630    Passed  1118    Skipped 29      Failed  483

That doesn't look good (it is even worse then runnen kjc under kaffe).
But it shows that kjc compiled to a native binary with gcj (on powerpc)
does work some of the time. I don't know how much of the failures are the
result of a broken binary and how much are caused by faults in the libgcj
runtime.

Compiling another java compiler with gcj and running jacks on the result
seems a nice way to see how good gcj is at the moment :)

Cheers,

Mark

--
Stuff to read: