Multiple file compilation patch

There are many problems caused by the multiple-input-file compilation
patch ;-( I have a bunch of applications that used to compile fine
with the gcc 3 branch but now dont. In fact, it seems to me that
almost anything which uses inner classes more than trivially will fail
to compile with the multiple-files patch applied. One example of the
problems is that current_function_decl is not always cleared when
compiling a new file, resulting in the inner class logic thinking that
regular inner classes are in fact local classes. But I suspect that it
goes a lot deeper than that, and the problems are difficult to track
down because they come and go depending on what order the files are
specified in, etc.

Could we please revert to the old behaviour by default (on the branch,
at least)?. It seems to me that this mode would be better as an
option, at least until it works more reliably.

$ gcj -c at/dms/classfile/*.java
././at/dms/classfile/Data.java: In class `at.dms.classfile.Data':
././at/dms/classfile/Data.java: In method `(java.io.InputStream)':
././at/dms/classfile/Data.java:0: Undefined variable or class name:
`this$0'.
   <<file too short - unexpected EOF>>
   ^
1 error