Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 08:56:42PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> > I'm also looking into importing Bruno Haible's libiconv - that will
> > make gettext 0.10.40 happier and give Java (and C-family, near future)
> > reliable support for non-ASCII/Unicode charsets.
>
> What would be the configure rules for which of (system iconv in libc,
> installed libiconv, in-tree libiconv) would be used (by default, and any
> configure options to override this)?

Unless someone knows a good reason to avoid use of system iconv on
some platforms, I would have it default to using system iconv
(possibly in libc), and not distinguishing between system-provided
libiconv and user-installed libiconv.

There would be a --with-included-iconv analogous to the existing
--with-included-gettext.

zw