Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 02:42:03PM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Phil Edwards wrote:
> >
> > The GCC repo and the src repo are starting to become badly out of sync
> > with respect to the include and config directories.  I've asked on the
> > gcc list occasionally, but nobody seems willing to look into it.
>
> "Zack!  config/ is even more terrible and junky and worthless than
> all those crud files you zapped in gcc/config!  Kill 'em!"

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or run away screaming. :-)

Seriously, though, I'm about to look at _some_ of this since it
touches i18n issues.  The gcc tree has the intl library directory
under the gcc directory, the src tree has it as a top level
directory.  The latter is the Right Thing, but the libintl in src is
ancient.  If I just move gcc/intl to top level of /cvs/gcc that will
make the merge conflict problems even worse.

I'm also looking into importing Bruno Haible's libiconv - that will
make gettext 0.10.40 happier and give Java (and C-family, near future)
reliable support for non-ASCII/Unicode charsets.

zw