How to do bootstrap build on OSX to get gcj?

Mike Purdy purdymi@binghamtonschools.org
Fri Sep 22 17:24:00 GMT 2006

Please excuse these basic questions, but I'm rather new to this.  I did retrieve the .diff file with the patches, but don't know what to do with it.  Is there an automated method to make the changes in the diff, or should it be done manually in the source?

Second, this is a good opportunity for me to learn about trunks.  If the patches were applied already to the trunk, as Tom mentioned, does that mean that they are only in a previous version?  Thus, they would have to be reapplied to a newer source tree after proper testing?

Mike