How to do bootstrap build on OSX to get gcj?

Mike Purdy purdymi@binghamtonschools.org
Thu Sep 21 19:09:00 GMT 2006

Thanks Andi, you are correct that those mentioned libraries come up as not supported.

Mike

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Mike Purdy wrote:

> I attempted "make bootstrap" on an Intel Mac with 4.1.1 full tarball today
> and it appears to have succeeded.  Is this possible?

How did you configure the build ?
Unless the patches mentioned earlier were applied or part of the tarball, it
should list libjava, boehm-gc and libffi as not supported during configure.

> I'm not sure how to do the "install" portion of the build and how to
> actually test it out on some java files.  Anyone have pointers on "install"
> on OSX and where the installed modules end up afterwards?

How about 'make install' ?

The installed modules endup wherever you chose during the configure step with
the --prefix arg.

Andi..