AWT with static gcj

Marco Trudel mtrudel@gmx.ch
Thu Sep 21 20:54:00 GMT 2006

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Marco> Ok, then one short time solution will be to do something with libltdl
> Marco> and the long term solution would be to fix that in GNU classpath/GCJ
> Marco> so that libgtkpeer.so will be built on --disable-shared?
> Marco> Is this a big thing? Shall I fill in a bugreport?
>
> I don't think we would change that.  If you ask for --disable-shared,
> I think the best thing to do is assume that you really meant it.

Well, actually I really mean it. But I would expect to either get a
libgtkpeer.so or that the gtkpeer stuff will be pulled into the
executable when using AWT.

> Marco> Isn't it possible to create the dynamic lib out of this static lib?
>
> Not on all platforms.
>
> The libltdl prelinking thing would probably work, I suggest giving it
> a try.

As you might have guessed already, that would be - in my opinion - an
unnecessary and ugly hack (no offense, thanks for the tip!). I hacked
the Makefile and created my shared libgtkpeer.a this way.

Marco