AWT with static gcj

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 16:07:00 GMT 2006

>>>>> "Marco" == Marco Trudel <mtrudel@gmx.ch> writes:

Marco> Ok, then one short time solution will be to do something with libltdl
Marco> and the long term solution would be to fix that in GNU classpath/GCJ
Marco> so that libgtkpeer.so will be built on --disable-shared?
Marco> Is this a big thing? Shall I fill in a bugreport?

I don't think we would change that.  If you ask for --disable-shared,
I think the best thing to do is assume that you really meant it.

Marco> Isn't it possible to create the dynamic lib out of this static lib?

Not on all platforms.

The libltdl prelinking thing would probably work, I suggest giving it
a try.