implementing escape analysis

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 16:40:00 GMT 2006

Paul Biggar writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I've been looking at escape analysis in the past few days, and can't
 > find a decent reference implementation. I see on the project page that
 > escape analysis is wanted in gcj, and I thought I'd take a look
 > implementing it. Has anybody made any efforts at it before, or perhaps
 > does a prototype exists?

http://www.research.ibm.com/people/g/gupta/escape.ps

But I probably wouldn't recommend you to do it in a gcj-specific way.
gcj is merely the Java language front-end for gcc, and there may be a
plan for escape analysis that will suit all gcc's languages that can
use it.

Paging Diego Novillo...

Andrew.