implementing escape analysis

Paul Biggar pbiggar@cs.tcd.ie
Thu Feb 16 16:29:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I've been looking at escape analysis in the past few days, and can't
find a decent reference implementation. I see on the project page that
escape analysis is wanted in gcj, and I thought I'd take a look
implementing it. Has anybody made any efforts at it before, or perhaps
does a prototype exists? If so, which paper were they basing their
implementation on? Even better, are there any time estimates on how long
it would take to implement?

I can't find anything more than 'it would be nice to have it' in the
mailing list archives. Perhaps there's more information somewhere, and
I'm simply missing it? Pointers to the right place to look or people to
talk to would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Biggar

Paul Biggar