problems resolving classes with gcj 3.4.3 - know problem?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Dec 14 18:25:00 GMT 2004

wolfgang> I'm trying to compile a larger number (=209) of java
wolfgang> files in one shot. This works  fine  using SUN's jdk
wolfgang> but I'm running into trouble using gcj.

wolfgang> Here's a typical session
wolfgang> $ gcj -d . -C `find -name \*.java`
wolfgang> ./debug/ParseTreeDebugParser.java:8: error: Can't find default package
wolfgang> `antlr'.
wolfgang> Check the CLASSPATH environment variable and the access to the archives
wolfgang> [..]

What version of gcj are you using?  Do you have a small test case?  Or
can you reduce the one you have somehow?