A Quick GCJ 3.3/MingW Update

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Fri May 16 15:28:00 GMT 2003

Hi João,

>Does anyone know why this might be happening?
>I hope it doesn't happen on the gcj 3.3 final...

Discussions are under way to incorporate the cross-configury
patch (the only one not to make it to 3.3) with the other gcc
MingW patches of the MingW folks (let's not forget to credit
these guys too) to make a Grand Unified Patchset that will
serve as the reference for the GCC/GCJ 3.3 MingW final
release. This will more than likely be hosted on SourceForge.
I'm not quite sure as to the timeframe for this. I'll maybe try
to throw together an updated gcj build this weekend.

In the meantime, if an adventurous soul wants to build GCJ 3.3
himself/herself, s/he can do so from the CVS sources and
this one patch, applied to libjava:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q2/msg00111.html

and the build scripts and instructions referenced here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-04/msg00162.html

After applying the patch, you'll need to rerun automake-gcj
and autoconf. See HACKING in the libjava source directory
for details.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/