PR 10656 and PR 10657

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed May 7 16:11:00 GMT 2003

> > We need a fix for these problems ASAP; otherwise, I'll be forced to
> > disable Java by default on Solaris boxes in GCC 3.3, which would be a
> > step backwards.
>
> I would recommend against doing this, unless we can more specifically
> narrow down which Solaris configurations have problems.

At the very least, if we cannot get successful builds out of the box, we
need to document some procedure which is known to work.

For example, I don't mind if we say "--disable-nls does not work on
Solaris and you must use GNU binutils."

That would be better than disabling Java, I agree.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
CodeSourcery, LLC