PR 10656 and PR 10657

Joe Buck jbuck@synopsys.com
Wed May 7 15:56:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:10:21PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> These PRs represent serious problems with the Java front end -- problems
> that prevent building GCC if Java is enabled.  Both problems occur on
> Solaris machines.

I have a successful Java build of the prerelease tarball on a Solaris 2.8
machine; test results are at

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2003-05/msg00426.html

Some details: binutils 2.13.1 are used, and CONFIG_SHELL and SHELL are
set to /bin/ksh (the latter setting might not be needed, but the former
definitely is).

> We need a fix for these problems ASAP; otherwise, I'll be forced to
> disable Java by default on Solaris boxes in GCC 3.3, which would be a
> step backwards.

I would recommend against doing this, unless we can more specifically
narrow down which Solaris configurations have problems.